當前位置:
首頁 > 最新 > 世間百態 唯你最可愛

世間百態 唯你最可愛

白裙子,飛在大道上

世界遼闊,前途嘹亮

為什麼一定要穿過地獄才能抵達彼岸

它就是天堂。

----于堅《便條集》

Sometimes

You don"t want some people to be with you, but they do.

你不想要一些人走進你的生活,

但他們卻來了。

You are endeavouring to come out

of certain conditions of your life.

你竭盡全力想要擺脫某些生活狀況。

But you are forced to live with them.

但又不得不繼續在這種狀況下生活下去。

You never anticipate some incidents

to happen in your life,

but they do occur when you are

oblivious of those happenings.

你從沒有預料到一些事會在你的生活中發生,

可偏偏在你毫無防備的時候發生了

You don"t like some places to visit,

but sometimes you have to stay there for a while.

你不喜歡去一些地方,

但有時你不得不在那裡待上一段時間。

This is your Life,

say welcome with the open mind.

這就是你的生活,

用開放的心態去接納它吧。

You have to avoid all the preoccupations.

你必須打消所有的成見。

I think that, from a biological standpoint, human life almost reads like a poem. It has its own rhythm and beat, its internal cycles of growth and decay.

我以為,從生物學角度看,人的一生恰如詩歌。人生自有其韻律和節奏,自有內在的成長與衰亡。

It begins with innocent childhood, followed by awkward adolescence trying awkwardly to adapt itself to mature society, with its young passions and follies, its ideals and ambitions; then it reaches a manhood of intense activities, profiting from experience and learning more about society and human nature.

人生始於無邪的童年,經過少年的青澀,帶著激情與無知、理想與雄心,笨拙而努力地走向成熟。後來人到壯年,經歷漸廣,閱人漸多,涉世漸深,收益也漸大。

At middle age, there is a slight easing of tension, a mellowing of character like the ripening of fruit or the mellowing of good wine, and the gradual acquiring of a more tolerant, more cynical and at the same time a kindlier view of life.

及至中年,人生的緊張得以舒緩,人的性格日漸成熟,如芳馥之果實,如醇美之佳釀,更具容忍之心。此時處世雖不似先前那麼樂觀,但對人生的態度趨於和善。

Then In the sunset of our life, the endocrine glands decrease their activity, and if we have a true philosophy of old age and have ordered our life pattern according to it, it is for us the age of peace and security and leisure and contentment; finally, life flickers out and one goes into eternal sleep, never to wake up again.

再後來就是人生遲暮,內分泌系統活動減少。若此時吾輩已經悟得老年真諦,並據此安排殘年,那生活將和諧、寧靜,安詳而知足。終於,生命之燭搖曳而終熄滅,人開始永恆的長眠,不再醒來。

So If you can"t be a pine

on the top of the hill

如果不能成為山頂的青松

Be a scrub in the valley

就做谷中的一棵矮樹

but be the best little scrub

by the side of the rill

但一定是最好的一棵矮樹

生長在小溪邊

Be a bush if you can"t be a tree

如果不能做一棵樹就做一株灌木

If you can"t be a bush be a bit of the grass

如果不能做一株灌木就做一片青草

and some highway some happier make

在高速公路上帶給人們快樂

If you can"t be a muskie

如果不能做一條非洲狗魚

then just be a bass

就做一條鱸魚

but the liveliest bass in the lake

做湖塘里最快活的一條鱸魚

We can"t all be captains

不可能每個人都能當船長

we"ve got to be crew

但總有人要當船員

There"s something for all of us here

每個人都有機會各盡其用

There"s big work to do

轟轟烈烈的大事需要人做

and there"s lesser to do

微不足道的小事也需要人去完成

and the task we must do is the near

我們要做的就是做好眼前該做的

If you can"t be a highway

then just be a trail

如果你不是高速公路就做一條悠然小徑

If you can"t be the sun be a star

如果你成為不了太陽就做一顆星星

It isn"t by size that you win or you fail

成敗不取決於大小

Be the best of whatever you are

無論你是誰,做最好的自己就行

寄語:你背單詞的時候,阿拉斯加的鱈魚正躍出水面,你上晚自習時,海鷗盤旋在海天之間,你算數學時,極光布滿了斑斕的夜空。

但是你別急,當你為了未來踏踏實實努力時,那些你覺得永遠不會看到的景色,一輩子不會遇到的人,正一步一步向你走來

編輯:楊熒

DJ:Blarie


喜歡這篇文章嗎?立刻分享出去讓更多人知道吧!

本站內容充實豐富,博大精深,小編精選每日熱門資訊,隨時更新,點擊「搶先收到最新資訊」瀏覽吧!


請您繼續閱讀更多來自 工商職院英語 的精彩文章:

TAG:工商職院英語 |